issues unveiled by devel/gettext

jhell jhell at dataix.net
Thu Jun 3 12:59:48 UTC 2010

On 06/03/2010 00:35, Doug Barton wrote:
> On 06/02/10 21:29, Doug Barton wrote:
>>
>> A better suggestion would be to do this:
>>
>> mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg
>> cd /usr/local/lib
>> mv libgettextpo.so.4 and libintl.so.8 /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/
>
> Oy, sorry, didn't think that all the way through. Instead of 'mv' it
> should be 'cp,' then:
> cd /usr/ports/devel/gettext
> make clean ; make
> pkg_delete gettext*
> make install clean
>
> THEN:
>
>> /etc/rc.d/ldconfig start
>>
>> Then go about rebuilding your ports in an orderly manner until those
>> libraries are no longer needed, at which point you can delete them.

I agree about both options but just as likely whether it be libmap.conf
or a path in far distant directory usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/* are
equally just as easy to be forgotten IMO. Though I do not know off the
top of my head whether portmaster or any of the other utils look at
removing files from the compat/pkg directory either which is why I state
the previous.

This brought me to the thought of a periodic check that would check for
the existence of libmap.conf and usr/local/compat/pkg and display the
contents or just warn of those being there and possibly populated.

Anyhow regards,

--

 jhell