How to know which version of an apps available in various FreeBSD release?

Janne Snabb snabb at epipe.com
Tue Jun 1 14:36:19 UTC 2010

On Sat, 29 May 2010, Tao Wang wrote:

> I'm doing a survey about the availablilty of some packages in different
> platform, including FreeBSD release. I want to know whether the package is
> existed in the specific FreeBSD release, and which version it is?

One suggestion: use csup to fetch ports-all and specify different
releases as your tag in your supfile. Then you can do whatever you
like with the different versions of the ports tree that you have
fetched.

See:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/cvsup.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/cvs-tags.html