FreeBSD Port: skype-2.0.0.72,1

Chad Howsden chad at howsden.net
Thu Jul 29 18:34:44 UTC 2010

Hello,

I am writing in regards to the skype port for FreeBSD.  I currently have
the most recent build of FreeNAS running on a newer server box.  If you
are unaware, FreeNAS is built off of the FreeBSD system.  I have
successfully installed and configured numerous ports from the
freebsd.org site and am currently interested in the skype application.
I am wondering if the application is has a command line interface as I
don't have an operating system GUI with the FreeNAS server.  I am
looking to set up a skype server that allows me to free up my personal
PC from having the phone connected to it.  I plan to use a usb to RJ11
skype adapter with the application to allow me to utilize my phone set I
already own.  For a more detailed explanation, I plan to do what is done
in this article only on my FreeNAS/FreeBSD box instead of a Linux box.
Could you provide any insight into whether or not I will be able to
accomplish this given the information I have shared with you?  I'm a
little nervous about frying everything as I have not played around with
the skype app yet and am unsure of any glitches or "watch-out-fors"
regarding it.

Thank you,

Chad