[new port] usage of shar command

Janne Snabb snabb at epipe.com
Thu Jul 22 13:11:55 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010, Jerry wrote:

> Then again, perhaps we should just remove the handbook all together and
> let everyone figure it out for themselves. No dumbing down at all
> required. We certainly would not want to over do the 'friendly'
> concept. I suppose some of use, you obviously, knew it all when you
> started out.

<sarcasm>

I think there should be also a comment in addition to the backticks
issue that one should press ENTER key after they have successfully
entered all the required characters. This way we can teach all the
UNIX basics in one single document "The Porters Handbook" and will
have a tremendous success attracting people to learn UNIX by
submitting broken ports and asking basic questions on this mailing
list.

</sarcasm>

PS. Flame me if you like.

--