www/linux-opera 10.60 patch...

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Sat Jul 17 18:35:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 02:46:11 -0500, Gary Jennejohn
<gljennjohn at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:10:57 -0500
> "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7 at cox.net> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> A few of you have asked me about patch of linux-opera update to 10.60.
>> Here: http://people.freebsd.org/~mezz/diff/linux-opera1060.diff
>>
>> The flash plugin 10.1 has an issue of sometimes the mouse click does not
>> work. I am not sure if it's Opera 10.60 or flash plugin 10.1 issue as I
>> haven't dig deeper in it yet. Anyone is welcome to figure on this bug if
>> you don't want to wait.
>>

> I installed 10.60 last week directly from the tarball.
>
> Things I've noticed
> 1) linux: pid 2334 (opera): ioctl fd=5, cmd=0x8910 ('‰',16) is not
> implemented - haven't checked just exacly what this ioctl does

Yeah, I get that too. A more line:

ioctl fd=17, cmd=0x8b01 ('‹',1) is not implemented

The 0x8910 is SIOCGIFNAME and 0x8b01 is SIOCGIWNAME in Linux's ioctl. I
don't think FreeBSD has those. Someone in emulation@ (add in CC) might
knows more about it. Even if someone want to create patch for it.

> 2) operapluginwrapper dumps core quite frequently, but that also happened
> with the older linux-opera too

Known issue for very long time. Don't know why and don't know how to do
backtraces with linux binary in FreeBSD.

> I haven't noticed any problems with flash.

No click issue? in Hulu? I only tested flash in hulu.com.

Cheers,
Mezz

> --
> Gary Jennejohn