dspam install

David DEMELIER demelier.david at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 19:28:58 UTC 2010

2010/7/11 Sahil Tandon <sahil at freebsd.org>:
> On Sun, 2010-07-11 at 13:51:51 -0700, Jim Pazarena wrote:
>
>> tried to make mail/dspam and it exits nagging that it
>> requires MySQL 5.0 client, where I have MySQL 5.1
>>
>> Is there a way to convince the dspam routine that
>> 5.1 is acceptable? (presuming that it IS).
>
> Yes, 'make config' and choose MYSQL51 (MYSQL50 is the default).  Or:
>
> % make WITH_MYSQL51=1 WITHOUT_MYSQL50=1
>
> --
> Sahil Tandon <sahil at FreeBSD.org>

I think this :

.ifdef(WITH_MYSQL40)
WANT_MYSQL_VER= 40
#PKGNAMESUFFIX= -mysql40
.elifdef(WITH_MYSQL41)
WANT_MYSQL_VER= 41
#PKGNAMESUFFIX= -mysql41
.elifndef(WITHOUT_MYSQL50)
WANT_MYSQL_VER= 50
#PKGNAMESUFFIX= -mysql50
.elifdef(WITH_MYSQL51)
WANT_MYSQL_VER= 51
#PKGNAMESUFFIX= -mysql51
.elifdef(WITH_MYSQL55)
WANT_MYSQL_VER= 55
#PKGNAMESUFFIX= -mysql55
.endif

could be replaced by :

.if defined(WITH_MYSQL)
WANT_MYSQL_VER= 55 ...
.endif

Then if the user wants a different version he still can change using :
WITH_MYSQL_VER= 44.

Why don't keep it simple and simple? And why don't use things how they
should be used? I think there is still a lot of problems in many
ports. We must make a big KISS cleanup in the ports tree to make it as
good as NetBSD' pkgsrc.

Kind regards.

--
Demelier David