Review request for new port: sysutils/etcupdate

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 8 22:12:42 UTC 2010

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010, John Baldwin wrote:

> This is a port for yet-another-/etc-merging tool that I wrote recently.  It
> passes portlint -N with one bogus warning because /etc is in the comment.

I didn't try installing/deinstalling but you seem to have the right
stuff in the Makefile for that. Overall it looks good, just a couple
comments:
1. I don't think textproc is right for CATEGORIES, although sysutils is
of course.
2. I don't think the do-fetch target is necessary, but if it is needed
when you test it that's fine.
3. You have a pkg-descr~ file in the shar that should be deleted before
you commit it.

Assuming it passes all the tests in the porter's handbook for install,
deinstall, package, etc. I'd say go ahead. :)

Doug

 			-- Pablo Picasso