portmaster --packages-if-newer but forcing some ports to compile from source

Freddie Cash fjwcash at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 04:38:37 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Manuel Chaviano <manny at computer.org> wrote:
> is there a way to force portmaster to always
> build a particular port from source?
>
> Perhaps something like the existence of a file:
>
>        /var/db/pkg/*/PM_ALWAYS_USE_PORT
>
> I am using portmaster -aDB --packages-if-newer in a regular basis
> to update my installed ports in the shortest possible time.
>
> However I have 2 ports installed that I must build from source
> regardless whether the newer binary package is available or not.
>>
> claws-mail:
> reason: the binary package does not have the pgp-xxxxx enabled.
>
> gtk20:
> reason: CUPS is disabled in the binary package.
>
> What I have to do then is a little inconvenient:
>
> portmaster -aDB --packages-if-newer --no-confirm
>
> NOTE: I have tried adding -x gtk20 -x claws-mail but it will
> excluded too many other ports/pkgs (the glob will match).
>
> ...then manually rebuilding/reinstalling gtk20 and claws-mail.

touch /var/db/pkg/claws-*/+IGNOREME
touch /var/db/pkg/gtk20*/+IGNOREME

That will cause portmaster to either ignore the port completely in
upgrades, or ask you if you want to upgrade it.  Say no the first time
you run portmaster (with --packages-if-newer).  Then run it a second
time for just those two ports.

--
Freddie Cash
fjwcash at gmail.com