Call for testing: new mplayer and x264 port

Thomas Zander thomas.e.zander at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 31 22:44:13 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I have spent some time working on the experimental new mplayer port
and the (dissatisfying) x264 story today, and those of you who are
interested can find the results here:
http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20100131.tar.bz2

It contains the drop-in replacements for multimedia/mplayer and
mencoder as well x264 (beware, the library version of ports depending
on it must be bumped but it works with this mencoder port).

So now we have all the latest and greatest features combined in this tarball:
- Video4Linux support for webcam owners
- Nvidia VDPAU support
- x264 encoding (with or without speed optimized asm routines, your
choice!), very recent x264 version (I'd assume maintainership of x264
when this is committed if nobody objects)

I have tested this only on amd64 so far, so I'd appreciate as much
feedback as you can provide.

Happy transcoding,
Riggs