subversion, mod_dav_svn and httpd dependency

Alexander Churanov alexanderchuranov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:25:54 UTC 2010

Hi folks!

Just curious, why subversion should be re-built to enable/disable
MOD_DAV_SVN?
Is it possible to just have another port, say subversion-mod_dav?

I would then first install subversion without mod_dav_svn and install the
mod_dav port when necessary without re-building subersion. For instance,
boost libraries come in a single source tarball, but nevertheless if you
need devel/boost-libs, you just install them and it's possible to add
boost-python-libs later.

Please, get me right: re-building subversion is not a big problem. I'd like
to know what are the reasons for keeping subversion in a single port.

Alexander Churanov