misc/mc build failure with portconf installed

andrew clarke mail at ozzmosis.com
Mon Jan 25 07:02:51 UTC 2010

On Mon 2010-01-25 05:43:31 UTC+1100, andrew clarke (mail at ozzmosis.com) wrote:

> ===>  Configuring for mc-4.7.0.1
> configure: error: invalid variable name: +
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>
> I tracked this error down to some settings portconf-1.4 adds to
> /etc/make.conf:

Disregard.  The error was in /usr/local/etc/ports.conf, and completely my fault:

misc/mc: CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--without-vfs

I don't remember adding this line, but evidently I got distracted at
the time and never tested whether it worked.

Maybe it would be useful if the ports system flashed a message along
the lines of "using settings from /usr/local/etc/ports.conf" as a
reminder to people like me ;-)

Sorry for the noise.

Regards
Andrew