mplayer-devel with vdpau support for testing

Andrew J. Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Sun Jan 17 04:30:20 UTC 2010

> Feedback expected:
> whether this builds in your environement

Yes, on RELENG_7 32 bit, nvidia driver and various OPTIONS.

> whether it works and

Yes: x11, xv, gl2 with a handful of mpg, wmv and mov files and DVD
No:  gl (Error opening/initializing ...), vdpau (my GeForce 7800 AGP
      card is too old, darn it), xvmc (N/A for nvidia, right?]

> how it is better/worse compared to multimedia/mplayer.

So far I've not noticed any significant differences, though installing
from ports makes a side-by-side comparison a bit tricky.

Thanks for the porting work.

-Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines at halplant.com
FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris, Web/Mail/Proxy/...   http://halplant.com:2001/
   "Machines take me by surprise with great frequency" - Alan Turing