rdiff-backup-1.2.8 python2.5.4 : OverflowError: signed integer is greater than maximum

Michel Le Cocq miconof80.list at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 13:53:39 UTC 2010

I run rdiff-backup on my backup server:
- FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE AMD64
- rdiff-backup-1.2.8,1
- python25-2.5.4_3
- be pro quad
- 4G Ram

I try to rdiff a folder on a nfs ro mounted volume to an other volume.

I obtain this error : OverflowError: signed integer is greater than
maximum

I have the same problem as Brad Beyenhof see here :
http://www.mail-archive.com/rdiff-backup-users@nongnu.org/msg03794.html

I know it's a know problem due to a bug in Python. And have to upgrad
Python to 2.5.4 or 2.6.1.

But I'm on python25-2.5.4_3 !!! and rdiff need python25 to run so I
can't remove it for python26...

What can I do to obtain my full backup ?

Thanks

--
Michel