Call for testers - mplayer svn port

Ganael LAPLANCHE ganael.laplanche at martymac.org
Fri Jan 8 08:04:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 22:52:51 +0100, Thomas Zander wrote

Hi Thomas, Hi Martin,

Happy new year :)

> thanks to Wes Morgan and Martin Wilke there is something for you to
> test which approximates what's going to become our next mplayer in the
> ports tree.

Thanks for this update.

I have had no time to test the port yet unfortunately, but reading
files/patch-stream-stream_dvd.h, I see that you use an included libdvdread. I
think it would be great to use our (ports') version. It is the one released by
the Mplayer team, so it should build without trouble (I hope so).

By the way, Martin, I have an old PR waiting for approval (see
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/131969). It suggests switching
to Mplayer's version of libdvdnav. It may be interesting to switch to this
version and add libdvdnav support to the new Mplayer port...

Best regards,

Ganaël LAPLANCHE
ganael.laplanche at martymac.org
http://www.martymac.org