Binary packages for releases and portupgrade

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jan 6 00:10:07 UTC 2010

Erwin Lansing wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 01:58:57PM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
>> Well, 8-release or 8-stable should both be fine for this purpose, for
>> most packages, with portupgrade or portmaster. My understanding is
>> that we've given up trying to produce packages for openoffice on all
>> branches.
>>
> I'm sorry to say this, Doug, because I know you mean well, but this is
> not the first time you act as a spokeman for things you have no
> knowledge about and, again, get things wrong.  Please stick to things
> you do know.

Maybe this is a translation problem, but when someone says, "My
understanding is ..." that's exactly how it should be read. I'm not
attempting to act as a spokesman for anything, nor did I claim to be,
and I don't think anyone (including Martin) is going to mistake me for
a member of portmgr.

If you want to prove me wrong, get some packages up there, no one will
be happier than me, since I've been looking for them for several
months now. :)

Doug

			-- Pablo Picasso