Linux - Skulltag / FMOD issue

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Jan 4 12:23:21 UTC 2010

Hello,

I was pointed to Skulltag today, a Doom/Heretic etc engine.
Unfortunately it is Linux only, but with the Linuxolator it should work.
After installing the libraries from www.fmod.org it worked (yay!),
except for the sound:

    I_InitSound: Initializing FMOD
    FMOD Sound System, copyright © Firelight Technologies Pty, Ltd., 1994-2009.
    HOSS could not be initialized. Trying ALSA.
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
    ALSA lib conf.c:4153:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
    ALSA lib conf.c:4153:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
    ALSA lib conf.c:4153:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib conf.c:4632:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
    ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
    I  System::init returned error code 62
    GSound init failed. Using nosound.

Strace didn't give me any useful output (lots of high ascii in the
open() calls), kdump (of ktrace) broke on it.

Who has experience with FMOD under the Linuxolator under FreeBSD ?
Who has a hint of what I can do next to overcome this issue?

Thanks, Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis		Website: http://www.mavetju.org/
edwin at mavetju.org	Weblog:  http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/