kde4/python26 and pth help.

Jimmie James jimmiejaz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 18:11:48 UTC 2010

On a freshly installed 8-STABLE box (4 days old) and up to date ports,
KDE4 will not install for me, always the same errors. I've even removed
all ports and reinstalled from scratch and hit the same errors. I have
no /etc/make.conf. I'm at a loss here, I have no idea why this is happening.
I even did a  portupgrade -fRru python26  and tried portmaster, and
plain old make in the ports that fail.

This is a script from a portinstall x11/kde4 1.7. includes pkg_info and
ls /var/db/pkgs (for some reason google does wont display it, sorry)
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B73zNsVpyWo_ZDgwZDY4OGYtYmY2MC00ZjYzLTgyMmMtNGE4NDA2MDAwYmEz&hl=en

Any suggestions, ideas?
Examples of errors:

checking whether Python support is requested... checking whether
/usr/local/bin/
python2.6 version >= 2.5... yes
checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 version... 2.6
checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 platform... freebsd8
checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 script directory...
${prefix}/lib/python2.
6/site-packages
checking for /usr/local/bin/python2.6 extension module directory...
${exec_prefi
x}/lib/python2.6/site-packages
checking for headers required to compile python extensions... not found
configure: error: Python headers not found
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please run the gnomelogalyzer, available from
"http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh", which will diagnose the
problem and suggest a solution. If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot
solve the problem, report the build failure to the FreeBSD GNOME team at
gnome at FreeBSD.org, and attach (a)
"/usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection/work/gobject-introspection-0.6.7/config.
log",
(b) the output of the failed make command, and (c) the gnomelogalyzer
output.
and (c) the gnomelogalyzer output.
Also, it might be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages
installed
on your system (i.e. an `ls /var/db/pkg`). Put your attachment up on any
website, copy-and-paste into http://freebsd-gnome.pastebin.com, or use
send-pr(1) with the attachment. Try to avoid sending any attachments to the
mailing list (gnome at FreeBSD.org), because attachments sent to FreeBSD
mailing
lists are usually discarded by the mailing list software.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection.
*** Error code 1

checking python2.6/Python.h usability... no
checking python2.6/Python.h presence... no
checking for python2.6/Python.h... no
configure: error: Can't find python header files
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link cc  -O2 -pipe
-fno-strict-aliasing -pe
dantic -W -Wformat -Wunused -Wimplicit -Wreturn-type -Wswitch -Wcomment
-Wtrigra
phs -Wformat -Wchar-subscripts -Wuninitialized -Wparentheses -Wshadow
-Wpointer-
arith -Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Waggregate-return
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmiss
ing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Winline -Wredundant-decls -module
-avoid-versio
n  -L/usr/local/lib -o libxml2mod.la -rpath
/usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packag
es libxml.lo types.lo libxml2-py.lo -lxml2  -lpth -lutil -lm -lpython2.6
libtool: link: cc -shared  .libs/libxml.o .libs/types.o
.libs/libxml2-py.o   -Wl
,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib
-L/usr/local/lib /usr/l
ocal/lib/libxml2.so -lz /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so -lpth -lutil -lm
-lpython2.6
    -Wl,-soname -Wl,libxml2mod.so -o .libs/libxml2mod.so
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lpth
gmake[1]: *** [libxml2mod.la] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/textproc/py-libxml2/work/libxml2-2.7.6/p
ython'
gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
*** Error code 1