Audacious2 few issues

Steve Polyack korvus at comcast.net
Tue Feb 23 20:44:57 UTC 2010

On 02/23/10 13:54, Piotrek wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have few problem related to Audacious2.2 first of all, when i try to play mp3s i get dirty/distorted/interfered sound (FLACs plays perfectly, i use oss plugin), and for eg. mpg123 plays mp3s perfectly, other thing is that when i run audacious with GTKui it crashes xorg randomly, and after i start x again everything works good until i start audacious again and then it crashes xorg straight away, reboot helps until next random crash. Audacious with normal gui causes problems with closeing, when i try close audacious i get message that "process is not responding, close it anyway ?" strange thing is if i click "no" i can change tacks and do anything else with it (so it is responding)
>
> I keep my music on NTFS disk (mounted read only)
>
> Audacious 2.2_1
> Audacious-plugins 2.2_2
> Xorg http://wiki.freebsd.org/ModularXorg/7.5#preview
>

> FreeBSD sng 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Tue Feb 16 18:26:01 CET 2010     sng at sng:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DESKTOP-DEBUG  amd64
>
> Just let me know if You need any additional info

I don't have any of the issues you list, but beginning with Audacious
2.2 I have seen a few others:
* The volume resets to 50% every time the song changes
* Song metadata / ID3 tags are not read for random sections of the
playlist upon restarting Audacious.  When adding files to an empty
playlist, this does not seem to be a problem.
* Random songs are missing from the playlist if audacious is closed and
restarted - probably similar to the above
* Audacious locks up when rewinding to the beginning of any song - the
player continues playing music, but the GUI hard locks until the process
is kill -9'd.

None of these were issues with Audacious 2.1.  I'm on FreeBSD 8-RELEASE
(amd64).  I believe it was also a problem when I was running 7-STABLE.