Lighttpd did not install *.a libs

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sun Feb 21 21:00:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am long time user of Lighttpd but after last update to 1.4.26 version
I got problem on one of our servers.

The following command ends with error in creating package

# portmaster lighttpd-1.4.22

===>>> Creating a package for new version lighttpd-1.4.26
tar: lib/lighttpd/mod_access.a: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: lib/lighttpd/mod_accesslog.a: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: lib/lighttpd/mod_alias.a: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: lib/lighttpd/mod_auth.a: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
.
.
tar: lib/lighttpd/mod_webdav.a: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.
pkg_create: make_dist: tar command failed with code 256

I successfuly updated Lighttpd on 5 servers (7.0 i386, 7.2 i386, 7.2
amd64) but on the last (7.1 amd64) there are no *.a libs built / installed.

I don't know how to debug this issue, but if you can tell me what output
can help you...

I tried to build it with empty make.conf and default options, but no
luck. I don't know what is different on this server.

Lighttpd is running fine without those "static archive" libs, so is it
necessary to build and install it at all in default installs?

Miroslav Lachman