Recent massive port update.

Mikhail T. mi+thun at aldan.algebra.com
Tue Feb 9 22:02:31 UTC 2010

Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Is expected, but if somebody are not using portmaster or portupgrade,
> simple upgrade of jpeg will break other ports and I think that in the
> case of jpeg (widely used library) there will be a lot of users asking
> "why my app XYZ is not working anymore".
A "simple upgrade" involves removing the old version of the JPEG
package. When performing the removal, the user was given a list of other
packages, that depend on the JPEG -- and saw pkg_delete exit. *That* was
the warning...

Yes, `make deinstall' invokes pkg_delete with the `-f', thus making it
too easy to shoot oneself in the foot... This may be a problem worth
addressing, but the warning is still there...

    -mi