Recent massive port update.

jhell jhell at DataIX.net
Sat Feb 6 03:42:30 UTC 2010

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:50, ertr1013@ wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 06:25:42PM +0300, cvs-src at yandex.ru wrote:
>> Hi there.
>> I see some massive port update in past hours, but not see what the
>> reason of it (nor on freebsd-ports@, nor on freshports.org).  Can
>> anybody shed the light what was changed?
>
> The graphics/jpeg port was updated such that the version number of
> libjpeg.so was increased.  This necessitated a revision bump in all the
> ports that depend on graphics/jpeg.  There are *many* such ports.
>

>> Thanks.
>>
>> [root at smeshariki2 ~]# portsnap fetch
>> Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 3 mirrors found.
>> Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap1.FreeBSD.org... done.
>> Fetching snapshot metadata... done.
>> Updating from Fri Feb  5 06:44:34 MSK 2010 to Fri Feb  5 15:57:40 MSK 2010.
>> Fetching 4 metadata patches... done.
>> Applying metadata patches... done.
>> Fetching 0 metadata files... done.
>> Fetching 4282 patches.....

I could have swore that I recently heard an announcement that barred this
type of activity until after 7.3-RELEASE was made....

Guess that doesn't stand for everything.

Was there some type of security concern that caused this bump of jpeg in
the first place or was it just a creeping featurism?

--

  jhell