FreeBSD port: puppet-0.25.3_1

Tobias Lott tlott at gamesnet.de
Fri Feb 5 19:51:46 UTC 2010

I just installed a fresh Jail based on FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE to run
puppetmasterd. On a remote puppetd connecting I get following errors:

debug: Failed to load library 'RRDtool' for feature 'rrd'
warning: RRD library is missing; cannot store metrics
warning: RRD library is missing; cannot graph metrics
warning: RRD library is missing; cannot store metrics
warning: RRD library is missing; cannot graph metrics
warning: RRD library is missing; cannot store metrics
warning: RRD library is missing; cannot graph metrics
err: Report rrdgraph failed: Could not find graphs for daily

Just installing rrdtool+ruby-bindings did the Job normally.

$ grep RRDtool /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/puppet/feature/base.rb
Puppet.features.add(:rrd, :libs => ["RRDtool"])

root at pp (~) ?0 # pkg_info -L rrdtool-1.3.9|grep ruby
/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/amd64-freebsd8/RRD.so

Am I missing another dependence here?

Are there any Puppet Best Practices with FreeBSD Writeups especially
about Port Handling around?

Thanks
Tobias