[CFT] Firefox 3.6 for FreeBSD

Greg Lewis glewis at eyesbeyond.com
Fri Feb 5 09:13:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 09:27:49AM +0100, Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> Greg Lewis wrote:
> >> Thanks to all for your efforts.

> >> This is a blocker for me.  What is involved in building a
> >> java plugin to suit the new FF36 interface?  Please let me know
> >> if there's anything I can do to assist the effort.
> >
> > Well, I don't believe the java plugin works with Firefox 3.5, so this isn't
> > a new development.
>
> You are mistaken here, the Java plugin works fine with firefox35.

Hmm.  So I've got the plugin installed from the current diablo-jre16 port
and firefox35 doesn't find it.  What does your set up look like?  For me
its:

> ls -l /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  63 Nov  8 10:50 /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so -> /usr/local/diablo-jre1.6.0/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

Are you using it from jdk16 perhaps?

> A real annoyance is that the OpenJDKs don't build the plugin, you
> need one of the SUN or Diablo JDKs.

They don't build it because Sun doesn't include it...

Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis at eyesbeyond.com