FreeBSD Port: sysutils/smartmontools (daily_status_smart_devices with 3ware controller)

Philip Paeps philip at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 3 16:02:45 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-01 16:40:45 (-0500), Mike Jakubik <mike.jakubik at intertainservices.com> wrote:
> I am trying to obtain a daily smart status report on one of my servers
> which uses a 3ware controller. To access these devices from
> smartmontools you need to refer to each drive as 3ware,0 or 3ware,1.
> This doesn't seem to work well with the period script, ie.
> daily_status_smart_devices="3ware,0 3ware,1 3ware,2" does not produce
> any output. I have tried escaping the comma with \ but still nothing.
> Any ideas on how to get these to work with the daily periodic script?

Not without modifying the periodic script.  I make a copy of the script
provided by the port and modify it to specify the -d 3ware,n and get a list of
those 'n' from periodic.conf.

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                    Please don't Cc me, I am
philip at freebsd.org                               subscribed to the list.

  "*Veni, vici*...Vetinari."
          -- (Terry Pratchett, Jingo)