security/tor did not create directory/file

Spil Oss spil.oss at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 3 07:33:13 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Did I do something wrong here or is there a problem with the package creation?

Built tor-0.2.1.22 and create a package in my build jail using portmaster
Installed the package in another jail.

Stopping returned 'tor not running, pid file missing'
Manually created _tor:_tor /var/run/tor with and that was fixed.

Error in the logs re. non-existent tor log file which is /var/log/tor by default
created _tor:_tor /var/log/tor and solved that error.

In the Makefile I do see creation of both /var/log/tor and /var/run/tor

This seems to be specific to the created package, the file and
directory exist in the build jail.

Kind regards,

Spil.