HEADS UP: <utmp.h> gone. All welcome <utmpx.h>.

VANHULLEBUS Yvan vanhu at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 2 12:22:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 11:49:06AM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:
> Hello Yvan,
>
> * VANHULLEBUS Yvan <vanhu at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > We're working on this, but as we have now to work with both utmp.h and
> > utmpx.h (at least for FreeBSD releases and FreeBSD CURRENT), we're
> > trying to find a clean way to solve the issue.
>
> I think the cleanest solution would be to split them off completely.
> Most projects do things like:

Looks like all other implementations ipsec-tools runs on have both
utmp.h and utmpx.h, so I am actually considering y just switch from
utmp.h to utmpx.h (for example using the patchset sent yesterday on
this list), and keep a reverse patch for FreeBSD's port if OS version
is "old enough".

As we just use utmp.h in a single part of the code, any other solution
may be very complex for just that.....

Yvan.