problem with port gobject-introspection on 9.0-CURRENT

Goran Gajic ggajic at afrodita.rcub.bg.ac.rs
Mon Dec 27 19:36:46 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Dec 2010, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:

> OK.  Can you show the contents of your /usr/local/share/gir-1.0
> directory?  I can't reproduce your problem on the fresh i386/9-CURRENT
> box, so I suspect that something in your current configuration
> breaks g-ir stuff.
>
> Thanks!

freebsd# ls -al /usr/local/share/gir-1.0
ls: /usr/local/share/gir-1.0: No such file or directory
freebsd# pkg_info | cut -f1 -d " "
autoconf-2.68
autoconf-wrapper-20101119
automake-1.11.1
automake-wrapper-20101119
bigreqsproto-1.1.0
bison-2.4.3,1
cairo-1.10.0_3,1
expat-2.0.1_1
fontconfig-2.8.0,1
freetype2-2.4.4
gamin-0.1.10_4
gettext-0.18.1.1
gio-fam-backend-2.26.1
glib-2.26.1_1
gmake-3.81_4
gperf-3.0.3
help2man-1.38.2_1
inputproto-2.0
kbproto-1.0.4
libX11-1.3.3_1,1
libXau-1.0.5
libXdmcp-1.0.3
libXrender-0.9.5
libcheck-0.9.8
libffi-3.0.9
libgcrypt-1.4.6
libgpg-error-1.10
libiconv-1.13.1_1
libpthread-stubs-0.3_3
libtool-2.2.10
libxcb-1.7
libxml2-2.7.8_1
libxslt-1.1.26_2
m4-1.4.15,1
p5-Locale-gettext-1.05_3
pcre-8.10
perl-5.10.1_3
pixman-0.18.4
pkg-config-0.25_1
png-1.4.5
python26-2.6.6
renderproto-0.11
xcb-proto-1.6
xcb-util-0.3.6_1
xcmiscproto-1.2.0
xextproto-7.1.1
xf86bigfontproto-1.2.0
xorg-macros-1.6.0
xproto-7.0.16
xtrans-1.2.5

These are steps I have taken, just to confirm that I am doing it from
scratch under  my current system (and did same under 8.1 in which I have
created chroot like this):
freebsd# cd /usr/
freebsd# svn co svn://svn.freebsd.org/head/
freebsd# mv src src-8.1
freebsd# ln -s head src
freebsd# mkdir /9.0
freebsd# make buildworld
freebsd# make installworld DESTDIR=/9.0
freebsd# make distribution DESTDIR=/9.0
freebsd# rm -rf /usr/ports
freebsd# rm -rf /9.0/usr/ports
freebsd# cat > cvs-ports
*default host=cvsup5.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/var/db
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=.
*default delete use-rel-suffix

# If you seem to be limited by CPU rather than network or disk
bandwidth,try
# commenting out the following line.  (Normally, today's CPUs are
fastenough
# that you want to run compression.)
*default compress

## Ports Collection.
#
# The easiest way to get the ports tree is to use the "ports-all"
# mega-collection.  It includes all of the individual "ports-*"
# collections,
ports-all
^D
freebsd# csup -g -L2 cvs-ports
freebsd# mv /usr/ports /9.0/usr/ports
freebsd# cp /etc/resolv.conf /9.0/etc/
freebsd# chroot /9.0
freebsd# cd /usr/ports/devel/gobject-introspection/
freebsd# make install
(left default vaules for all dialogs)
and I got same error I got when I upgraded my 8.1 to 9.0. Btw.
gobject-introspections builds fine under 8.1.  I have tried creating same
chroot and doing all steps I have mentioned here on that system - but I
got same result :(

gg.