updated dialog(1) replacement for ports

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Thu Dec 2 17:58:39 UTC 2010

Quoth Eitan Adler on Thursday, 02 December 2010:
> Thank you for your comments
>
> > Every keystroke causes the screen to completely repaint.
> This can't be fully helped. Any valid key stroke is going to cause
> this. However I did make invalid keystrokes skip the repainting.

Ugh -- I haven't looked at the code yet, but even back in the curses days
(pre-ncurses) this problem had already been solved.

> > If I accidentally leave off --port name, it core dumps.
> Heh - I didn't test usage mistakes very well because its intended to
> be handled by the ports system, not the end user. Attached patch does
> fix it though:

Heh -- sorry, I always begin my tests in "stupid user" mode.  Thanks for
the patch!

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterling at camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com