Looks as if we need a misc/compat8x

Ade Lovett ade at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 11 17:56:49 UTC 2010

On Aug 10, 2010, at 07:20 , David Wolfskill wrote:
> I expect that a "real" compat8x port might need a few more libraries --
> my build machine has a rather small number of installed ports....

If I'm not mistaken, a compat8x port would only likely be created during the RC process of 9.0 - ie: when it is known which libraries are needed in terms of having a different shlib rev.

All the while it's merely 9-CURRENT, folks are expected to handle building of their own ports (or pull packages from the usual places) -- another artefact of "it's -current, deal with it" (or words to that effect).

-aDe