databases/sqlite3 build fails

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Apr 23 19:53:42 UTC 2010

On 04/23/10 12:16, Alexey Shuvaev wrote:
> Not sure, if I ran into the same problem, but I recall that sqlite3 needs
> an option TCL_MODULES turned on in lang/tcl85.
> Or, better, try to install tcl-modules by hand and see, if it helps.

Yes, that solves it, thanks. When I am forced to install something like
tcl for a build dependency I generally strip it down as much as
possible, so I had unchecked the modules option. As you point out below,
the option is enabled by default.

> If it does, should sqlite3 port directly depend on tcl-modules?

A cursory examination indicates that this would be a good solution. The
maintainer has been restored to the cc line.

> The problem doesn't manifest itself on the package clusters as
> TCL_MODULES turned on by default.

Thanks for your help,

Doug

			-- Propellerheads