php5 upgrade woes

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 06:40:12 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:
> I've been trying for two days to upgrade php5. I fail.
>
> history:
>
> http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=13284
>
> Short story:
>
> error: pcrelib/pcre.h: No such file or directory
>
> FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Tue Apr 13 19:28:24 BST 2010

A read thru the lang/php5/Makefile reveals that the missing
pcrelib/pcre.h is caused by the port using the devel/pcre port,
instead of the bundled pcre that is included in PHP:

.if defined(WITH_BUNDLED_PCRE)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-pcre-regex=yes
PLIST_SUB+=	PCRE=""
.else
LIB_DEPENDS+=	pcre.0:${PORTSDIR}/devel/pcre
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-pcre-regex=${LOCALBASE}
PLIST_SUB+=	PCRE="@comment "
.endif

Make sure that the devel/php5-pcre port is uninstalled, and then
install the php5 port by defining WITH_BUNDLED_PCRE.

Scot