Porting Chromium to FreeBSD

Ariff Abdullah ariff at FreeBSD.org
Tue Sep 15 00:05:22 UTC 2009

On Mon, 14 Sep 2009 18:21:16 -0500 (CDT)
Wes Morgan <morganw at chemikals.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Sep 2009, Ariff Abdullah wrote:
>
> > [CC'ing to ports@]
> >
> > On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 19:01:12 +0100
> > Kris Kennaway <kris at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ben needs help with sound integration, which he hasn't had
> >success > with yet.
> >>

> > Should this suffice?
> >
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/libasound/
> >

> This looks very interesting. Nice work. I recall reading, years ago,
> that  there was some kind of GPL/BSD licensing issue with the ALSA
> headers that  would pose problems for FreeBSD. Was that just
> misinformed-ness, or would  this have to be a port?

This is just the userland (library) part. I believe Net/Df bsd have
these in their pkgsrc since many moons ago.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........

... Going with the standard and orthodox
    is the death of intellect ..............