boost-python-libs and associated compile errors -SOLVED

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sat Sep 5 09:53:23 UTC 2009

> > [Repeating part of thread here to return to the mailing list]

> > > this is an amd64 on intel quad 4
> > > I do not know if that has anything to do with it!!
> > >
> > > David
> >
> > I do not know too, but this may be the reason. I'll try to rebuild
> > latest openbabel on amd64.
> > By the way on i386 it had rebuilt flawlessly and boost-python-libs too.
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > Alexander Churanov,
>
> I wondered if it could have anything to do with gnome so I did a package
> delete of gnome2-2.26.3 and a rebuild of its dependency tree (-frR) and
> guess what boost-python-libs then compiled without a problem!!
>
> Thanks everyone for the input __ it is really appreciated and I am so glad
> to be able to put this one to rest.
>
> David

I should have mentioned that openbabel & kdeedu4 also then compiled without
problem. I have no idea what caused the original failure or how the cure could
have been connected to the recompiling of gnome2-2.26.3. However I can report
that immediately before the recompile I again tried to compile boost-python-
libs and it then failed with errors identical to those copied into this
thread.

David