Migration to new SourceForge URL scheme part 2, SFE and some statistics

Ion-Mihai Tetcu itetcu at FreeBSD.org
Wed Sep 2 09:04:41 UTC 2009

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 09:55:49 +0200
Alex Dupre <ale at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Dmitry Marakasov ha scritto:
> > Also, you can use this script:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~amdmi3/sf-speed.sh to find the fastest
> > mirrors for you (to override MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE) and/or to
> > mail me so I improve sorting.
>
> The script doesn't take into account that the word "saved" is
> localized ;-) In any case this is a result from Italy:
>
> switch:   (1,49 MB/s)
> surfnet:  (1,37 MB/s)
> kent:     (1,32 MB/s)
> freefr:   (1,22 MB/s)
> heanet:   (1,01 MB/s)
> voxel:     (936 KB/s)
> sunet:     (611 KB/s)
> iweb:      (414 KB/s)
> osdn:      (384 KB/s)
> softlayer: (316 KB/s)
> ufpr:      (265 KB/s)
> jaist:     (180 KB/s)
> nchc:      (175 KB/s)
> transact:  (147 KB/s)
> internode: (136 KB/s)
> biznetnetworks: (32,7 KB/s)
> dfn: failed
> garr: failed
> ovh: failed
>
> heanet seems to be the only one that reach > 1MB/s from all the tested
> locations, maybe it could be the first in the SF list.

In my case, over a few retries, switch is the fastest, followed by
surfnet. heatnet is only somewhere between 500-700K.
dfn, garr: and ovh fail.

FreeBSD committer -> itetcu at FreeBSD.org, PGP Key ID 057E9F8B493A297B