FreeBSD Port: qtcreator-1.2.1: Not installable

Kris Moore kris at pcbsd.org
Wed Oct 28 14:32:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Adrian Glaubitz wrote:

> Hi Alexey,
>
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM, Alexey Shuvaev
> <shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:
>> The base system (more or less what consists a RELEASE) and ports are
>> mostly independent of each other. Normal FreeBSD user will have some
>> RELEASE (say 7.2R) and up-to-date version of ports. There is no
>> separate STABLE or CURRENT versions of ports, there is only one.
>> (Well, there are marcuscom and area51 for testing new gnome and kde
>> releases, respectively, but you don't need to mess with them).
>
> Ok, thanks alot for shedding some light here. I am not really into
> FreeBSD but long term Linux user, so consider me being a noob here
> ;-).
>
>> FreeBSD 7 will be ok too. You can add some phrase like
>> "Before the software can be built, the following ports/packages
>> have to be installed:
>> devel/qtcreator
>> audio/taglib
>> devel/glib20
>> audio/sox
>> audio/libmad
>> security/libmcrypt.
>> Note that ports tree newer than 7 May 2009 is needed to build qtcreator."
>>
>> This is FreeBSD-user friendly.
>
> Thanks alot, I will put into our wiki like this. Is there actually a
> command to upgrade the ports tree, so that I can use the latest ports
> with FreeBSD 7.2? What would be the proper instructions to install the
> necessary ports, I want to try compiling our software on FreeBSD.
>
> BTW: Whom should I contact to get our project into the ports? I guess
> a fully fledged MiniDisc transfer software could be interesting for
> alot of FreeBSD users as well ;-).
>

> Thanks alot,
>
> Adrian

Adrian,

What other apps do you need besides qtcreator? We have that built in binary format
for PC-BSD right now, which doesn't require any other compiling to run:

http://www.pbidir.com/bt/pbi/269

If you are trying to get some end users to simply install BSD, and run QTCreator
or some other app, PC-BSD may be an option, since it is FreeBSD under the hood. Plus
if we don't have some app you need, you can always request it here:

http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PBI_Requests

--
Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software