Miro 2.5.2 has a forbidden dependence

Rainer Hurling rhurlin at gwdg.de
Fri Oct 16 18:44:43 UTC 2009

On 16.10.2009 19:40 (UTC+2), Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> utisoft at googlemail.com writes:
>
>> On 16 Oct 2009 12:03, Michele Monti <montiuni at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>

>>> Miro 2.5.2 has as a dependence
>>> firefox-2.0.0.20_9,1http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=%5Efirefox-2.0.0.20_9,1&stype=name>,which
>>> is forbidden.
>>

>>> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/www/firefox
>>> ===>>> This port is marked FORBIDDEN
>>> ===>>> too many security issues
>>> http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/922d2398-9e2d-11de-a998-0030843d3802.html
>>> http://www.vuxml.org/freebsd/49e8f2ee-8147-11de-a994-0030843d3802.html
>>

>>> ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>>> FORBIDDEN line in the Makefile and try again.
>>

>>> Is it possible to fix this?
>>

>>> Thanks
>>
>> Until it gets fixed (ie firefox updated to firefox3) just install
>> /usr/ports/www/firefox3, and it'll work fine.
>
> No, that won't help with miro.

I am running miro on 9.0-CURRENT with firefox35 and libxul, without
mozilla and firefox2. At least on CURRENT the following entry in
/usr/ports/UPDATING helps:

20090917:
   AFFECTS: users of www/epiphany, x11/yelp, graphics/librsvg2,
            x11/toolkits/py-gnome-extras, and www/epiphany-extensions
   AUTHOR: gnome at FreeBSD.org

   The default Gecko provider has been changed from www/firefox to
   www/libxul.  Firefox 2.x is now forbidden for security reasons, and
   libxul is the new, stable Gecko provider.  Libxul uses the same Gecko
   engine as Firefox 3.0.x.

   Some ports may fail to upgrade or run when both www/firefox and libxul
   are installed on the same system.  To make sure everything runs smoothly,
   uninstall www/firefox, then install libxul, then upgrade the affected
   ports.

Rainer