Gallery3 beta Upgrade queries

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Thu Oct 15 11:21:58 UTC 2009

Hi

When installing gallery3 beta 1 the default installation into
/usr/local/www/gallery3 was copied to a site testing directory for working on
the beta. We now have beta 3. My understanding from the Gallery3 team is that
one should be able to upgrade from beta1 to beta 3 using  an upgrade option
which applies changes to the appropriate files.

Is that option preserved in the latest version in the ports tree? If so how
can it be applied?

Another query relates to future production use and that is would it be
possible to have the port options extended to allow upgrades to be applied to
multiple virtual on the same server by specifying  a list of gallery root
paths? I realise this would add to the workload for the maintainer so I put
forward the idea without any expectation!!

However for practical purposes if we do not retain the ability to upgrade
installed gallery3's production servers we will not be able to use the ports
tree for updating gallery3 installations.

Any thoughts on this one?

David