Problem building Openoffice 3.1.1 at -current

Olivier Gautherot olivier at gautherot.net
Sun Oct 4 03:38:35 UTC 2009

Hi folks!

On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 7:34 PM, Alexey Shuvaev <
shuvaev at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:15:09PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 02:39:44PM +0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> >
> > The above ln and cp were sufficient to complete my build.
> > I haven't tested the resulting exectuables.
> >
> > Thanks, Andriy
> >
> Rrrr....
> The openoffice guys are trying to bundle every piece of code under
> the sun into their tarball in attempt to not depend upon system
> libraries...
> ... and are getting away from what they want to achieve (IMHO).
>
> OOO is as fragile as porcelain plate and
> still as complex to repair as nuclear u-boot.

It sounds like OOO is designed to be compiled on a fresh system: I
reformated a disk yesterday and the compilation of OOO just finished
successfully. I loaded 8.0-RC1.

As a matter of fact, I used the bundled modules - it takes longer but seems
to be a bit more stable.

My cent worth... ;-)
Cheers
Olivier