OpenOffice.org packages

Scot Hetzel swhetzel at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 10:39:20 UTC 2009

On 11/26/09, Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> wrote:
>  > Looks like all the OpenOffice ports have a line like this:
>  >       JAVA_VENDOR=    freebsd bsdjava openjdk
>

>         Okay, so what does this mean I'm going to have to find and
>         build from java-land from Sun?  Anything??

It defines which java ports are allowed to satisfy the java build/run
dependancy.

According to /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.java.mk, any one of these ports will
satisfy the dependancy on java.

freebsd      java/diablo-jdk15, java/diablo-jdk16
bsdjava      java/jdk13 thru java/jdk16
openjdk6   java/openjdk6

If you install openjdk6 before building Open Office, it will use
openjdk6 and you won't need to download any files from Sun.

Scot