sysutils/libcdio provides no cdio_paranoia.0 for ports/devel/gvfs

Julian H. Stacey jhs at berklix.com
Tue Nov 17 15:44:18 UTC 2009

Hi Tılman Linneweh & Koop Mast,

Reference:

Koop Mast wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 10:51 +0100, Týlman Linneweh wrote:
> > Hello Julian!
> >
> > (CC: devel/gvfs maintainer added)
> >
> > Thanks for reporting this issue.
> >
> > On Nov 15, 2009, at 22:51 , Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> > > int would be welcome please with sysutils/libcdio, Paranoia stuff seems
> > > broken, but I'm not clear what's intended, hence mail rather than a send-pr.
> > >
> > > 	===>   gvfs-1.2.1 depends on shared library: cdio_paranoia.0 - not found
> > > 	===>    Verifying install for cdio_paranoia.0 in \
> > > 		/usr/ports/sysutils/libcdio
> > > 	===>   Returning to build of gvfs-1.2.1
> > > 	Error: shared library "cdio_paranoia.0" does not exist
> > > /usr/ports/devel/gvfs ; make
> > > 	===>   gvfs-1.2.1 depends on shared library: cdio_paranoia.0 - not found
> > > 	===>    Verifying install for cdio_paranoia.0 in \
> > > 		/usr/ports/sysutils/libcdio
> > > 	===>   Returning to build of gvfs-1.2.1
> > > 	Error: shared library "cdio_paranoia.0" does not exist
> >
> > There are two easy possible solutions.
> > a) make gvfs depend on libcdio.so instead of the non-default cdio_paranoia.0 library
> > b) Change libcdio to install cdio_paranoia.0 by default.
> >
> > Question to gnome@ - Does gvfs really need the cdio_paranoia library, or is this just a bug
> > in the port Makefile and it is ok with the libcdio library?
>
> a) The configure script of the gvfs port checks for cdio_paranoia
> library. It needs it for the cdda backend.
> b) libcdio already got a option for paranoia support and it is default
> to on.
>
> Julian you can do two things now. Either you disable the cdda backend in
> gvfs with the WITH_CDDA option. Or build libcdio with paranoia support.
>
> -Koop

OK Thanks, I'll try both (but not at same time :-) ...
I've not tried just yet as another big compile running.

I'd request one of the 2 ports be changed please, so that
by default, without changing either default options,
the 2 Makefiles are compatible when called from above, eg from
/usr/ports/net-mgmt/etherape

Cheers,
Julian
--