Call for Testers: MythTV 0.22

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Sun Nov 15 19:52:54 UTC 2009

MythTV 0.22 is ready for testing!

They have done a lot of work to use Qt 4.4 and compiling mythtv has
gotten a lot easier on FreeBSD with that. Nevertheless it is a huge
application and needs compile and runtime testing on as many boxes as
possible. I've already compiled on FreeBSD 8.0-RC1/amd64, FreeBSD
7.2/i386 and with a QATty tinderbox so i'm quite sure it will not look
too bad. Runtime testing is about zero so we need feedback before we
get it into the tree.

Download:
- http://home.bluelife.at/ports/mythtv-0.22-20091115.tar.gz

Highlights:
- enabled ivtv with patch from usleepless at gmail.com
- Updated to 0.22 - http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Release_Notes_-_0.22
 - Qt 4.4
 - DVB-S2 support (do we have a supported card on FreeBSD?)
 - hardware accelerated playback of H.264, MPEG-1/2, WMV, and VC-1

Testing it:

# cd /tmp
# fetch http://home.bluelife.at/ports/mythtv-0.22-20091115.tar.gz
# cd /usr/ports/multimedia
# tar xvf /tmp/mythtv-0.22-20091115.tar.gz
# cd mythtv && make install

Thanks!

(Please reply to freebsd-multimedia@ only)

--