Is there any reason to keep sysutils/rc_subr?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 14 19:59:30 UTC 2009

Jilles Tjoelker wrote:
> A separate rc_subr port may be useful in case new functions are added to
> rc.subr, and it is desired to use these functions on systems that do not
> have them in /etc/rc.subr.

There have not been any substantive changes to the port in over 5
years, thus I find this argument uncompelling. :)

If the circumstance you describe actually arise there is nothing wrong
with temporarily duplicating the functionality in individual ports'
scripts.

Doug