Is there any reason to keep sysutils/rc_subr?

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 12 20:46:09 UTC 2009

I probably should have added to my first post the fact that
sysutils/rc_subr was originally added during the introduction of the
rc.d system in the base as a mechanism for ports on older systems (to
which rc.d would not be backported) to use it. Now that rc.d exists on
all supported versions it is obsolete. (I mention this because I
received a question about it in private mail.)

Doug