make config in editors/vim port

Naveen Nathan naveen at lastninja.net
Sun Nov 8 21:34:44 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've returned to using FreeBSD after a couple of years. I'm trying
to compile vim without X11 and some other options that can be
tweaked in the port. Everywhere I read suggests the user should supply
-DWITHOUT_X11 when compiling Vim.

However, I notice there is an options file which has a bunch of options
other than just WITHOUT_X11 that I care about.

When I try to do ``make config'' I get:

[/usr/ports/editors/vim]# make config
===> No options to configure

I do recall there being the ability to configure the port using dialog(1)
awhile ago. Has this gone?

--
Naveen Nathan

To understand the human mind, understand self-deception. - Anon