audio/py-tagpy broken

Dominic Fandrey kamikaze at bsdforen.de
Sat Nov 7 22:57:08 UTC 2009

Nicola Vitale wrote:
> Hi Dominic,
>
>> [2009/11/5 Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze at bsdforen.de>]
>> Whatever kind of information you require, I'm willing to provide.
>> Sorry, your build failed. Try rerunning configure.py with different options.
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>  File "setup.py", line 114, in <module>
>>    main()
>>  File "setup.py", line 105, in main
>>    extra_compile_args=conf["CXXFLAGS"],
>
> It's strange, I have compiled it on my system and built in tinderbox
> too (http://people.freebsd.org/~nivit/tb_logs/py26-tagpy-0.94.7.log ),
> and there were not errors.
> I'll check on an AMD64 system, thanks for the report.
>
> Ciao.

I have found the strangest workaround, after the failure I just have
to cd into the working directory, run make without parameters and it
finishes building.

It's only from the port that building doesn't work. I quickly found
out that something in MAKE_ENV must be causing it, so I tried
compiling repeatedly, each time stripping another variable and
discovered that CXX causes my problem. If I leave it out of the
MAKE_ENV it builds just fine.

Considering that CXX is not even used this strikes me as quite
strange and I know of no non-hacky way of removing it from
MAKE_ENV.