semi OT: CUPS and printservers

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 22:33:38 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 2:59 PM, Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:

>        Is anyone out there using CUPS with a printserver?  I have a
> Netgear PS-100, but any success story will probably help.  It works
> fine with Windows XP, but I can't find the magic formula to get it
> working with CUPS.

Well, according to chapter 5 ("UNIX Printing using TCP/IP") in the PS-100
reference manual, this printerserver understands (amongst other) the LPD
protocol. The CUPS documentation have a description for LPD:
http://www.cups.org/doc-1.4/network.html#LPD
The PS-100 also supports DSI, sp you can use:
socket://*address*:4010
socket://*address*:4020
socket://*address*:4030

For the three logical printers it supports inthat mode.
HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen