FreeBSD Port: php5-5.2.11_1 upgrade path to 5.3.0/1

Oliver Schonrock oliver at realtsp.com
Thu Nov 5 15:57:43 UTC 2009

Hi Alex

You are probably aware of the discussion
here:http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=5132

Obviously php5.3 is major upgrade which breaks some backwards compatibility:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration53.incompatible.php

and poses some new challenges for compiling the ports eg for the new native
mysql driver for the mysql(i)/PDO extensions:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqlnd.install.php

We are very active users of the php ports, are keen to upgrade to 5.3 (and
5.3.1 when released) and wanted to offer our help in testing of the new ports
if that's helpful.

Do you plan to create a php53 set of ports or just update the php5 set?

How far have you got?

Kind Regards

--
Oliver Schonrock