Issue with inkscape port

Jan Henrik Sylvester me at janh.de
Wed Nov 4 13:34:42 UTC 2009

Guy Brand wrote:
> Am I the only one having severe issue with inkscape from the ports?
> I'm using 0.46_6, without a config option and its 129 dependancies
> (see attached output of pkg_info) on a FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT r198491.
> Adding a layer is simply impossible, inkscape freezes and there is
> no other way to kill the process. truss doesn't say anything more:
> when inkscape becomes unresponsive the process appears dead. Such a
> problem turns the fantastic inkscape into an unusable application.
>
> AFAIR I have this problem for over a year now! To reproduce it open
> any document inside inkscape and add a new layer, you're done.

I could not reproduce the freeze opening a random svg document and
adding a few layers. I am on 8.0-RC2 with all ports up to date.

Your ports seem not to be up to date. At least for 15 of the
dependencies you listed, I have got newer versions installed. Moreover,
22 of your dependencies are not listed as dependencies for me.

Opening http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=inkscape&stype=all
confirms that your dependencies do not match the ones of the current
ports tree.

Cheers,
Jan Henrik