amd64-9 packages

Erwin Lansing erwin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 2 13:18:02 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 02:10:26PM +0100, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Nov 2009 12:33:44 +0000 (GMT)
> AN <andy at neu.net> wrote:
>
> > According to: http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/packagestats.html
> > there are no packages for amd64 9 current.
> >
> > FreeBSD package building statistics
> >
> > as of Mon Nov 2 11:45:02 UTC 2009
> >
> > amd64-9                 0       0       0       0       0       0       N
> >
> > When can we expect these packages to be available?
> >

> I'm not a ports manager, but I wouldn't expect anything to happen until
> after 8.0 gets released.  There'a only a limited number of AMD64 build
> machines available.

It's not so much the number of available cluster nodes, although this
also is an issue, but we are limited in upload capacity towards the
mirrors which we need to reserve for the release isos etc.  The other
issue is that we do have i386 9.0 prebuilt packages, which showed a few
regressions compared to 8.0 so I haven't uploaded these either yet.  See
my blogpost about this for more.

http://blog.droso.org/2009/10/31/regressions-in-freebsd-9-0/

Cheers,
-erwin