ghostscript8-nox11 - why new dependency on cups-*?

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Sun May 31 12:55:28 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have one question to somebody with enough knowledge of ghostscript /
cups ports.
I am using ImageMagick for image work in some webapplication on our
webservers, ImageMagick has dependency on ghostscript8 and in today
upgrade process I realized new dependency of ghostscript on cups-image
and cups-client. I don't like to install new and new unwanted
dependencies on production webservers, so I am asking - for what are
needed those two new dependencies after "minor update" from
ghostscript8-nox11-8.64_1 to ghostscript8-nox11-8.64_2

Can cups-* be made as optional dependency?

/# pkg_info -rR ghostscript8-nox11-8.64_1
Information for ghostscript8-nox11-8.64_1:

Depends on:
Dependency: expat-2.0.1
Dependency: gsfonts-8.11_4
Dependency: png-1.2.35
Dependency: jpeg-6b_7
Dependency: pkg-config-0.23_1
Dependency: freetype2-2.3.9_1
Dependency: fontconfig-2.6.0,1
Dependency: libiconv-1.11_1
Required by:
ImageMagick-nox11-6.5.1.1

/# pkg_info -rR ghostscript8-nox11-8.64_2
Information for ghostscript8-nox11-8.64_2:

Depends on:
Dependency: expat-2.0.1
Dependency: gsfonts-8.11_4
Dependency: cups-client-1.3.10_2